a teeny blurb about me

My photo
I am a 32 year old first time mom who is continually shocked at how much those baby books and doulas and midwives don't tell you about having and raising kids...let me tell you, it's a lot!

12.19.2011

Words

I am a big fan of words. I use them about every day, I say them and write them and generally think in them, and I went to school (still go, actually...) to learn to get good at them. Words are pretty cool, most of the time.

So I am REALLY excited about Owen starting to use them.

His first word was "Hi" and that was pretty cool. It proved beyond a shadow of a doubt, as if we had any, that he was a super social baby. But other than "mommy-daddy-baba-yeah-bye bye"he hasn't said much yet. Except for the times he blurts out something insane after I say it, like "umbrella" or "aww jeez."

I want him to talk to me. I want him to tell me what he sees, and how he feels, and what he thinks is fun and what he thinks is lame. I want him to tell me why he doesn't like grilled cheese or blueberry muffins, but he does like mashed peas and fish. I want him to tell me the best way to do things like wash his face without getting soap in his eyes, or how to tie his shoes so they aren't too tight. I want him to say, "I love you, too, Momma!"

Of course, I want him to say that.

No comments:

Post a Comment