a teeny blurb about me

My photo
I am a 32 year old first time mom who is continually shocked at how much those baby books and doulas and midwives don't tell you about having and raising kids...let me tell you, it's a lot!

1.15.2012

Hmmm. And Damnit!

Nobody ever bothered to mention to me that a consequence of nursing my baby would be that my breasts, which used to be pretty much the best part of my sex life, would be essentially numbed and useless. Yeah, I heard all about how they sag, and they change shape, and they never look the same again. And whatever about all that. Who cares? It's totally worth it. And it doesn't really make that huge of a difference to my sex life.

But the numbness. That sucks. No pun intended.

I would have nursed him anyway, even if I would have known. But it would have been nice to have a head's up. Some warning would have been appreciated.

As it is, I have been pretty pissed about this particular change, and after a conversation with another woman who had the same problem, I have decided to pierce my nipples and see if that changes anything. Piercing them generally increases sensitivity, and can repair inverted nipples, and so I am going to give it a shot. I did some research and even the La Leche League says that there's no evidence piercing would interfere with future nursing of future babies :)

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment