a teeny blurb about me

My photo
I am a 32 year old first time mom who is continually shocked at how much those baby books and doulas and midwives don't tell you about having and raising kids...let me tell you, it's a lot!

4.14.2012

Spontaneous

I have to record this moment for posterity...

Owen was in his jammies and waiting for Aron to put him to bed tonight, so he got into his music drawer, grabbed his xylophone and a drum stick, brought it to me on the futon and started playing it. Aron walked to the bedroom and said 'C'mon Owen, let's have milk and go to bed." So Owen jumps up, turns around, grabs his xylophone and his drum stick, puts them back in his music drawer, and runs in the bedroom.

Wow.

When he fights with me about cleaning his room or picking up his toys or whatever, I am going to have to remind myself of this beautiful moment of spontaneous cleanliness. It was so lovely, I almost cried.

No comments:

Post a Comment