a teeny blurb about me

My photo
I am a 32 year old first time mom who is continually shocked at how much those baby books and doulas and midwives don't tell you about having and raising kids...let me tell you, it's a lot!

5.02.2011

My Husband

Ok, so I don't have to clean up my husband's poop, which begs the question, "Why blog about him here, then?" I'll tell you. Yes, my husband cleans up the baby's poop sometimes, but more than that, he loves his family. And that's what this blog is really about, in the end. A little family, and the love we have for each other.

I used to watch romantic movies, movies with great love interests and touching love scenes, and I would think to myself, "I wish I had that...why don't I have that?" Which is probably not uncommon. But I would think it even when I was in relationships, and even when I was married to my ex-husband. I never had that kind of love that I saw exhibited in movies. (Well, no one does, really. Unless the movie is a true story, and even then, Hollywood dresses it up a little bit.)

Then I met Aron.

And last night when I watched 'Eat, Pray, Love' instead of getting to the end scene and thinking all the sad and longing thoughts I used to think about how much I wanted that kind of love, I thought, "I am so lucky to have that." And I meant it!

Not only was our meeting and falling in love incredibly romantic and special, and not only did he propose to me on a tropical island, but our relationship is full of love, warmth, and fun. We had our rough patch in the beginning, and it was tough. I was worried. But lucky for us, that was remedied quite easily once we figured out the source, and we have been healing and growing together ever since. And that's what it's about, I think. The ability to struggle, love each other through it, and come out the other side together, as a unit, as a stronger whole than when you started. If you think about it, that's usually the theme of those star-studded romantic movies...they just have a better wardrobe and more carefully placed lighting than we do.

So I got my leading man. A husband who loves me utterly, looks out for me, works hard for me, opens up to me, and is there for me and the Monkey Face. No matter what.

I certainly can't say that about everyone in my life. But it's awesome to be able to say that about my spouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment