a teeny blurb about me

My photo
I am a 32 year old first time mom who is continually shocked at how much those baby books and doulas and midwives don't tell you about having and raising kids...let me tell you, it's a lot!

2.05.2011

Solid food is not solid...

My child would rather gnaw on my textbook for Business 102 than eat mushy rice milk mixed with breastmilk...and can you blame him? The transition to "solid food" amazes me. It's not solid. It's barely food. It's like rice flake soup. It doesn't taste like anything. And the texture is less than appealing. It reminds me of vomit.

I want to feed him real food. It can be soft, it doesn't need to be pizza and sirloins. But good stuff. Bananas. Applesauce. Cheez Whiz. Ok, well maybe not the Cheez Whiz, at least not until his first birthday. But something that resembles food, something that tastes like food, that would be good. Instead we are stuck with soupy rice mush.

And he doesn't really eat it. He spits it out, drools it, dribbles it down his shirt, globs it on his fingers and spreads it with artistic flair all over his pants. I can't tell how much he swallows, if any. How do I know if he has actually eaten? How do I know if he needs to eat mommy milk afterwards? Ugh. I am not a fan of this...

No comments:

Post a Comment