a teeny blurb about me

My photo
I am a 32 year old first time mom who is continually shocked at how much those baby books and doulas and midwives don't tell you about having and raising kids...let me tell you, it's a lot!

7.26.2011

He has a first word, people. Are you ready for this??

Hi.

No, seriously, that's his first word. Hi. He says it all the time now that he figured it out. He's probably been saying it for months and I just didn't recognize it. This shouldn't be a surprise because for some ridiculous reason we have been saying it to him 794 times a day since he was born. Literally. I think I say it to him 14 times before he gets out of his crib in the morning.

It also should not be surprising considering that he has never met a stranger. He flirted with no less than 11 people today; 3 women and 2 men at the place we ate lunch, the welcome center grandma lady at the Brookgreen Gardens, the checkout chick and bagger dude at Piggly Wiggly, the front desk clerk at the hotel, and a little boy on the shuttle to the zoo. And Holly. He loves to watch people, meet people, play with people, and smile at people sideways so they coo at him. Of course he wants to say "Hi."

It almost makes me sad that he will have to learn "Goodbye."

No comments:

Post a Comment