a teeny blurb about me

My photo
I am a 32 year old first time mom who is continually shocked at how much those baby books and doulas and midwives don't tell you about having and raising kids...let me tell you, it's a lot!

8.03.2011

Water Baby

Owen officially loves the water. He loves the ocean, especially when Daddy splashes his back against oncoming waves. He loves the pool, both in the giant yellow floaty thing and cruising around in my arms. He loves the bath tub (but only when I let him stand up and plop down...hmm...). He loves standing under and playing in a shower stream. He loves puddles for stomping, sitting in, and slapping. He loves it all.

This is good, right?

Well, yes. It's good. It's great. My grandfather was a champion swimmer. My mom was a river rat. I grew up at the local pool/pond/river/yard sprinkler. Water is fun and fun is good.

Except now I keep having dreams that he drowns.

(sigh)

Is being a mother always this complicated?

No comments:

Post a Comment