a teeny blurb about me

My photo
I am a 32 year old first time mom who is continually shocked at how much those baby books and doulas and midwives don't tell you about having and raising kids...let me tell you, it's a lot!

8.08.2011

One Mommy's Trash is Another Baby's Treasure

My Monkey is finicky. He won't eat foods that are warm, he only liked Garden Tomato flavored puffy snacks, he prefers warm baths to cool ones, he will only let Mommy wipe his snotty nose, and he likes to be rained on but doesn't enjoy a shower. He has some particular preferences.

So I find it very amusing when his favorite toys are an empty milk jug, a box from Amazon.com, a paper towel roll, and a plastic ramekin you get take-out mayo in (obviously this one has no mayo).

I like that he can amuse himself with things that don't beep, play stupid songs or have dangling shiny parts. I like that all of his playthings don't have to have batteries, or even cost anything. I think it's a sign of genius if a baby plays with trash. (I read that somewhere.)

So I guess I can keep giving him my trash for now. It's nice that it keeps it out of landfills for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment