a teeny blurb about me

My photo
I am a 32 year old first time mom who is continually shocked at how much those baby books and doulas and midwives don't tell you about having and raising kids...let me tell you, it's a lot!

1.20.2011

Irony is the Spice of Life

Things I have found to be ironic, now that I am a mother.

-I can now whip out my boobs in public anytime I want to without fear of indecent exposure charges and jail time, as long as my son is hungry at the time.

-I used to tease my best friend about driving like a grandmother. Now when I drive I make her look like Jimmy Johnson on mescaline.

-In my pseudo-hippie days, I thought taking a shower more than three times a week was wasteful. Now I am lucky if there are weeks I get to shower that often.

-I have spent most of my life singing as little as possible at things like birthday parties, church services, and karaoke nights. Now I am frequently creating and belting out all manner of baby-friendly tunes in the middle of the grocery store.

-My mother, who was heavy most of her life, lost weight while she was pregnant with me, and was her thinnest self when I was born. I never had a weight problem, but when I was pregnant I gained 60 pounds. And I still have it.

-I used to think I never had enough time to get everything done. Now I know I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment